From its Foundation to the Dissolution:
Before 1170, Jordan parson of Hickleton.
Notification by Archbishop Roger,c 1170-1177, of the termination of a dispute between Jordan, rector of Hickleton and the clerks of Barnburgh, Jordan having proved before the Archbishop that Hickleton was a mother church and ought not to belong to the church of Barnburgh as the clerks had contended.
c1170-1177, John parson of Hickleton described as clerk of Roger Bertram
Granted the church by archbishop Roger after the death of Jordan.
C1220, Reginald parson of Hickleton.
Witness to charters of Monk Bretton Priory by William de Newmarch, his son Randulf, and his granddaughter Nichola.
1246, John rector of Hickleton
His dispute with the prior of Monk Brettcn was settled in 1246 by remitting all claims for payment of small tithes in view of the privileges provided by the prior.
1279, 7th Dec William de Brathewelle priest of Hickleton.
Presented by Peter de Routherfelde, knight
1308, 30th Nov. Ralph de Coninggesburgh magister of Hickleton
Presented by John Curzon.
1319, 8th June Alan de Coninggesburgh magister of Hickleton
Presented by John de Britannia, Earl of Richmond, guardian of Roger, son and heir of John Courson (Curzon). Held Hickleton until 1340.
1340, 12th Dec Robert Curzon clerk of Hickleton
Son of John Curzon, presented by Roger Curzon. Described as with ‘first tonsure’. He was the subject of a complaint with others in 1343 for having broken the park of Isabel, widow of William FitzWilliam at Emley, hunted therein, carried off deer and assaulted her servants.
1369-70, 3rd Feb. Thomas Bailly.
Described as rector and from Barnsley. Acting as feoffee of lands in Kexborough.
1376-77, John de Doddesworth chaplin of Hickleton
Grant by John do Doddesworth, chaplain, to Thomas Baty of Hickleton and Diota his wife, of a messuage, four and a half acres of land, a rood and a half of arable land, as they lie within the vill and territory of Hickleton, in the Chartulary of Monk Bretton Priory.
1471, 6th May William Wilson chaplain of Hickleton
Witness to a grant by William Littiwood of Hickleton and Joan his wife to Henry Strafford, rector of the church of Tretton and William Bell of Hickleton, of a messuage, garden and land at Hickleton. in the Chartulary of Monk Bretton Priory.
1471, 12th Aug Thomas Stodfold chaplain of Hickleton.
Grant by John Sike of Bulklyfe to Thomas Oxspringe and William Bell of Hickleton, of a moiety of a toft and three roods of land, with appurtenances etc., in the Chartu~y of Menk Bretton Priory.
1535, Henry Cadby, Curate at Hickleton.
The monks engaged a stipendiary curate to perform the duties of the parish, to whom they allowed a pension of £4. The rectory was valued at £17 4s 7d. No vicarage.